\m/(>.<)\m/ Nº102 HARNESS THE GNARNESS 🤘 🎸
This may be the 3rd of 4th time I’ve written an issue from a train.
Right now I’m sitting in an ICE en route to Freiburg for my 4th Schwarzwald Giro! Last year’s was so rad: jespergrundahl.exposure.co/schwarzwald-giro-2016
I’m stoked for two days of trying not to get dropped in the Black Forrest! Speaking of Germany, I’ll be back soon for Eurobike!
This year Guy & I will be representing several clients:
- 🚲 Pure Cycles 🚲 — (B2–204) Pure Cycles is joining Eurobike this year with the launch of two new Adventure gravel bikes. Hit up Guy for details on the bikes!
- 📈 Zwatt 📈 — (A1–605 Stronglight ) our 2nd Eurobike with the guys making cycling’s most affordable powermeters. Hit Guy up if you want to talk to them.
- 📱 Wahoo Fitness📱 — (B3–105) Be at their booth Wednesday August 30th at 10am for a special event!
- 🗺 Komoot 🗺 — (no booth) we’ve been getting our long time client Komoot regular international press (thanks for this one Tom!) & in the hands of outdoors influencers around the world.
- 🚴 listnride 🚴 — (no booth) Gert-Jan & Johannes are keen to catch up with potential partners at the show as well as media keen to learn about the platform. & Seedrs campaign.
☕️ Keen to catch up? 🍻 | 📰 news.twotoneams.nl 📰
🗓 Grab a time here: twotoneams.link/Eurobike2017 🗓
🦄 p.s. re: Speedvagen’s 1st European Fit Tour 🦄
We’re working hard on getting the word out about this! Interested in getting a fitting? email: info at speedvagen dot com
Dig Speedvagen’s? Please re-share the links below:
- 🇳🇱 26–29/08 Amsterdam: racefietsblog.nl/speedvagen-fitting-tour-komt-naar-amsterdam
- 🇬🇧 31/08–03/09 London: road.cc/content/tech-news/227334-portlands-speedvagen-coming-uk-month
- 🇪🇸 05–11/09 Girona: handbuiltbicyclenews.com/c39-retailers/275-pro-cyclist-and-custom-builder-hit-the-sweet-spot-for-full-service-bike-shop
- 🇩🇪 News about the Tour auf Deutsch: http://cycling.claude.de/2017/08/07/speedvagen-european-fit-tour
Hundreds of riders race from Belgium to Greece, with no set route, facing extreme heat and often on only a few hours sleep a night. I’ve a few friend compete & currently one there capturing the amazing moment when riders arrive. Nice work Lian!
My friend Dieter of Pedaleur de Flandres has started working with Factor Bikes in the Benelux. He’ll be helping organize several several test events in September, Ocotober and November. Check it out!
I was interviewed by Headroom about my life as an entrepreneur here in Amsterdam. Thank you to Kristel & Celine for all the support over the years & especially Floor who helps me everyday : )
(it’s in Dutch! But English is here.)
My friends, John and Justin have a new site!
McFaul and Day is a UK creative agency building brands with authority. As a strategic creative consultant, we partner with the finest brands worldwide.
Cycling Division launched this week! Currently, they are working on a database focussing on the EU but expanding to global coverage is the goal.
As someone who has rediscovered music in the past year now playing guitar almost daily now, this video stopped me in my tracks. I think Jim Carrey has harnessed the gnarness for sure : )
See more of his art here.
What are the pains and aspirations of your customer? Does your product truly solve your customers problems? And fulfill its promise of doing something in a better way?
- Use a compelling subject line
- Keep it short and friendly (no scrolling required on a phone to read the whole message!)
- Add relevant information and calls to action.
This my friend Daniel’s latest spray painted artwork on canvas for the Street Art Museum Amsterdam.
The Museum hasn’t opened yet but still I wanted to share it with you. In his words:
In 2009 I’ve already painted a fun version of the classic logo from the vintage record label: “His masters voice.”
This time I took to a next level.
I still really like the first version of 2009 but I thought I could give it some more energy boost.
So for the Street Art Museum I thought the dogs body with gramophone funnel should be running into the scene from the side, stand up on the gramophone and make the dogs head — which meant to be the actual loudspeaker of the gramophone (Like a howling dog when some music plays…) — explode into pieces by making a big BASS-like “Whooooffff!” Like the horn of a cruise ship ;-)
The explosion itself should feel like a digital decomposition.
That’s why it’s called Bass in the face!
(3,5m x 5m)